Forward Poetry Prize Shortlist Announced
Posted at 7:23AM Thursday 14 Jul 2011
Britain's Sean O'Brien is among those shortlisted for this year's Forward Prize for Poetry, an award he has won on three previous occasions.
His work November will compete in the best collection category, as will Night by David Harsent - another previous recipient of the £10,000 prize.
John Burnside, Geoffrey Hill, Michael Longley and D Nurkse are also cited.
This year's winner will be announced at Somerset House, London on 5 October, on the eve of National Poetry Day.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Announcing the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Winners
- Man Booker Prize Announces 2016 Longlist