Forward Poetry Prize Shortlist Announced
Posted at 7:23AM Thursday 14 Jul 2011
Britain's Sean O'Brien is among those shortlisted for this year's Forward Prize for Poetry, an award he has won on three previous occasions.
His work November will compete in the best collection category, as will Night by David Harsent - another previous recipient of the £10,000 prize.
John Burnside, Geoffrey Hill, Michael Longley and D Nurkse are also cited.
This year's winner will be announced at Somerset House, London on 5 October, on the eve of National Poetry Day.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- Japanese Readers Spend The Most Money On E-books
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Publishing Decline At CBS Should Not Alarm Investors
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Booktopia To Take On Amazon After Buying Rival Bookworld
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld