Forward Poetry Prize Shortlist Announced
Posted at 7:23AM Thursday 14 Jul 2011
Britain's Sean O'Brien is among those shortlisted for this year's Forward Prize for Poetry, an award he has won on three previous occasions.
His work November will compete in the best collection category, as will Night by David Harsent - another previous recipient of the £10,000 prize.
John Burnside, Geoffrey Hill, Michael Longley and D Nurkse are also cited.
This year's winner will be announced at Somerset House, London on 5 October, on the eve of National Poetry Day.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
2016 Wainwright Prize Shortlist Revealed
Now in its third year, the prize awards £5,000 annually to the work that best reflects renowned nature writer Alfred Wainwright's core values of celebrating the great British outdoors
Longlist announced for McIlvanney Prize 2016
The winner of the Scottish Crime Book of the Year will now be awarded The McIlvanney Prize at an awards ceremony on the opening evening of Bloody Scotland
Most Popular Stories
- Penguin Random House To Leave Strand And Ealing Offices By 2020
- Longlist For Scottish Crime Book Of The Year Award - The McIlvanney Prize 2016
- This Gay Erotica Is Helping J.K. Rowling Laugh About Brexit's 'Terrible Mess'
- Sara Nelson Heading To HarperCollins
- Alvin Toffler, Author Of Future Shock, Dies Aged 87
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Is Writing A Book Called Hit Refresh
- Penguin Random House UK Staff To Design The Workplace Of The Future
- Top German Literature Prize Goes To Marcel Beyer
- Deon Meyer To Be Author Of The 2017 Crime & Thriller Book Weeks Gift Book
- Gove Biography Cancelled