Britain's High Streets Reach 'Crisis Point'
Posted at 8:45AM Tuesday 13 Dec 2011
More than 50% of total consumer spend is now off British high streets for the first time in history.
The shock statistic is revealed with the publication of a report compiled by retail expert Mary Portas.
She has come up with a plan to rejuvenate Britain's ailing high streets, some of which she claims are in crisis.
Portas report: key recommendations (Guardian)
and more in The Guardian
Booksellers Association Welcomes Mary Portas Enquiry into the High Street
More Book Trade News
Most Popular Stories
- Icon Books Acquire Ground-Breaking New Book On Masculinity From 23-year Old Journalist
- Goldsmiths Prize 2015 Shortlist
- For Amy Schumer, Multimillion-dollar Book Deal Is All In The Timing
- Brian Friel, Irish Playwright, Dies Aged 86
- The Folio Prize 'Suspended' For 2016
- Kobo Launches 'Super Points' Loyalty Program
- Was There No One To Stop Morrissey Publishing List Of The Lost?
- Suit Against Pearson Education Over Royalties Moves Ahead
- LBF, Working with Bologna, Moves to March for 2017
- Knopf Turns 100