International education, FT boost Pearson results
Posted at 8:23AM Friday 27 Apr 2012
Publishing group Pearson reported underlying sales growth of 3 percent in the first quarter, helped by international education and the Financial Times, and said it still expected sales and operating profit to grow this year.
The British company, which owns the world's biggest education business and Penguin books as well as the FT, said on Friday first-quarter sales were 1.2 billion pounds ($1.9 billion).
4-traders.com: Pearson plc : AGM and interim management statement
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
E-book Readers' Guilty Pleasures Revealed
A recently published list of Amazon.co.uk's biggest selling e-books of the year features psychological thrillers, misery memoirs and a healthy dose of Mills and Boon
Most Popular Stories
- No Exit Press Short Story Writing Competition Shortlist Announced
- JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
- BBC's Lady Chatterley's Lover branded 'new Poldark'
- Author Anthony Horowitz Sorry For Idris Elba Remarks
- 8% Tax Will Be Applied To All Kindle Ebooks In Japan
- HBG Taking over Hachette UK Distribution
- Why The Most Famous Agent In Book Publishing Is About To Become A Famous Novelist Too
- Publishing Technology Launches New Online Platform, Ingentadrive
- And Then There Were None Voted Top Agatha Christie Novel
- Interesting Ways Writers Are Using Tech