Author Maurice Sendak Dies At 83
Posted at 1:39PM Tuesday 08 May 2012
Maurice Sendak, the US author of the best-selling children's book Where the Wild Things Are, has died aged 83.
His long-time editor, Michael di Capua, told The New York Times the author died in Danbury, Connecticut, after complications from a recent stroke.
New York Times
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
Hitler's memoirs, gruesome novels on serial killers and the Fifty Shades Of Grey trilogy were among the books borrowed by Scotland's prison inmates this year
Most Popular Stories
- Rare Books Vanish, With A Librarian In The Plot
- Apple e-book judge is 'a disgrace to the judiciary'
- Dan Brown-trumping French bestseller due in English next year
- Morrissey: 'gay' relationship edited from US edition of autobiography
- Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
- Mills & Boon Author Dies Aged 105
- JillEllyn Riley And Peter Steinberg Partner To Form 'Arc & Type'
- Saudi Kingdom Bans The Arabic Equivalent Of Twilight
- Blue Peter Book Awards 2014 Shortlist Announced
- Stephen King Finally Joins Twitter