Council Sneaks Into Kensal Rise Library At 2am To Strip It
Posted at 11:31AM Tuesday 29 May 2012
Council bosses were today accused of "cowardice and deceit" after they stripped a historic library in the early hours to evade campaigners.
Up to 15 security guards and 12 police entered Kensal Rise library at about 2am today to empty the library, taking books, photographs, commemorative plaques and murals.
and more in The Guardian
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- Recently Discovered Michael Crichton Novel Coming In 2017
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest