Sales For Musical Artists Plunge. Next Victim: Authors
Posted at 8:22AM Monday 06 Aug 2012
if you substitute "authors" for "recording artists" and "books" for "albums", you would realize at once, as I did, that in one significant area the two professions are interchangeable.
The significant area is piracy. NPR's David Lowery attributes the plummet in sales directly to illegal downloading.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
Most Popular Stories
- Amazon Makes Even Temporary Warehouse Workers Sign 18-month Non-Competes
- Fixing Prices at IPA
- Picture Book Wins 2015 Waterstones Children's Book Prize
- EU Launching a EU-Wide Single Digital Market?
- Italian Physicist's Book On Einstein's Relativity Theory Becomes Surprise Hit
- Tomas Transtroemer, Swedish Poet And Nobel Winner, Dies
- Russell Brand Donates Revolution Book Profits To New Era Cafe
- Puffin Books Partners With RNIB To Bring The Book With No Pictures To Visually Impaired And Blind Readers
- Independent Bookshop Week Book Award 2015 Shortlists Announced
- Survey Says Median Author Advance In UK Under £6,600