Goodreads Compares Parties' Literary Tastes
Posted at 4:09PM Wednesday 10 Oct 2012
Popular book-rating website Goodreads has created an infographic about their users' preferences related to political parties. The site asked their readers who they would vote for in the upcoming election, then analyzed their literary tastes.
Obama fans were three times more likely to read "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen, Romney fans were four times more likely to read "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo, a true story about the son of a pastor in Nebraska.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Feature Items
Harper Lee's juvenilia sprouts a literary industry
The Secrets To Writing A Prize-winning Book
If you've ever entered a writing competition, you'll know that it takes a certain kind of story to win. What that story is however, isn't always clear
Murder Most Cosy
Why mystery novels involving quilts and cats are big business
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- US Bookshop Offering Refunds For Go Set A Watchman
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Booktopia To Take On Amazon After Buying Rival Bookworld
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
- Five Liverpool Libraries To Be Handed Over To Volunteers And Community Groups
- J.K. Rowling, First Billionaire Author, Adds To Empire As She Turns 50