Man Booker Prize Won By Hilary Mantel's Bring Up The Bodies
Posted at 10:00PM Tuesday 16 Oct 2012
Hilary Mantel has won the £50,000 Man Booker Prize for her novel Bring up the Bodies, the sequel to Wolf Hall, which won the prize in 2009.
Mantel, who had been the bookmakers' favourite, is the first woman and the first British author to win the prestigious literary prize twice.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Most Popular Stories
- Gaby Wood Appointed Booker Prize Director
- School Bus Driver Bans Reading, Because Books Are Dangerous
- The Iceberg By Marion Coutts Wins The Wellcome Book Prize 2015
- Ruth Rendell, Crime Writer, Dies Aged 85
- JS International And Botho University, Botswana, Enter Into A Partnership To Deliver Better Educational Outcomes For Botho University Students.
- Amazon UK Slowly Phasing Out Free Delivery
- Ondaatje Prize 2015: Shortlist Announced
- Tom Bonnick - Digital Marketing V Digital Content
- Marion Coutts Wins The Wellcome Book Prize 2015
- Two Dozen Writers Join Charlie Hebdo Pen Award Protest