News Corp. Declines To Hint On Possible Purchases
Posted at 7:54AM Thursday 08 Nov 2012
News Corp. has more than $10 billion in cash, prompting much speculation about possible takeover targets as company Chairman Rupert Murdoch prepares to split his media empire into two publicly traded companies next year.
Murdoch last month expressed interest in buying the Penguin book publishing house from Pearson, but in an apparent snub to Murdoch, the company instead agreed to merge Penguin with Random House, owned by Bertelsmann.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Amazon's Fan-fiction Portal Kindle Worlds Is A Bust For Fans, And For Writers Too
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- How 'Google Science' could transform academic publishing
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- Death Of David St John Thomas
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words