2012 Governor General's Literary Award Winners
Posted at 8:21AM Wednesday 14 Nov 2012
Some highlights from this year's announcement:
Ten out of 14 winners of the 2012 Governor General's Literary Awards are women.
Nigel Spencer wins for the third time, each time for the translation of a book by Marie-Claire Blais.
Normand Chaurette wins for the second year in a row, his fourth GG overall.
Full details at canadacouncil.ca (via Literary Saloon)
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
2016 Wainwright Prize Shortlist Revealed
Now in its third year, the prize awards £5,000 annually to the work that best reflects renowned nature writer Alfred Wainwright's core values of celebrating the great British outdoors
Longlist announced for McIlvanney Prize 2016
The winner of the Scottish Crime Book of the Year will now be awarded The McIlvanney Prize at an awards ceremony on the opening evening of Bloody Scotland
Most Popular Stories
- Penguin Random House To Leave Strand And Ealing Offices By 2020
- Longlist For Scottish Crime Book Of The Year Award - The McIlvanney Prize 2016
- Top German Literature Prize Goes To Marcel Beyer
- Sara Nelson Heading To HarperCollins
- This Gay Erotica Is Helping J.K. Rowling Laugh About Brexit's 'Terrible Mess'
- Alvin Toffler, Author Of Future Shock, Dies Aged 87
- Penguin Random House UK Staff To Design The Workplace Of The Future
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Is Writing A Book Called Hit Refresh
- Gove Biography Cancelled
- Deon Meyer To Be Author Of The 2017 Crime & Thriller Book Weeks Gift Book