Apple Now Owns The Page Turn
Posted at 8:37AM Monday 19 Nov 2012
If you want to know just how broken the patent system is, just look at patent D670,713, filed by Apple and approved this week by the United States Patent Office.
This design patent, titled, "Display screen or portion thereof with animated graphical user interface," gives Apple the exclusive rights to the page turn in an e-reader application.
New York Times
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- HarperCollins Launches Brazilian Subsidiary
- Barnes & Noble Completes Separation Of Retail And College Businesses
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Shamrock Advisors Buys Recorded Books