Fifty Shades Of Grey Porn 'rip-off' Spurs Legal Action
Posted at 9:44AM Saturday 01 Dec 2012
Universal Studios has filed a copyright lawsuit against Los Angeles-based adult film production company Smash Pictures.
It claims material from EL James' best-selling trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey, which has sold more than 60 million copies, was directly lifted.
It said Smash Pictures used dialogue, characters, events, story and style for Fifty Shades of Grey: A XXX Adaptation.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More
- Samsung And Barnes & Noble Introduce New Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 Nook®
- J-Lo Releases Tell-all Love Book
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- Julian Gough Launches 'Litcoin' Kickstarter To 'Remodel The Economics Of Reading'