Fifty Shades Of Grey Porn 'rip-off' Spurs Legal Action
Posted at 9:44AM Saturday 01 Dec 2012
Universal Studios has filed a copyright lawsuit against Los Angeles-based adult film production company Smash Pictures.
It claims material from EL James' best-selling trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey, which has sold more than 60 million copies, was directly lifted.
It said Smash Pictures used dialogue, characters, events, story and style for Fifty Shades of Grey: A XXX Adaptation.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
PRH Canada Opens Toronto Bookstore
Penguin Random House Canada has opened a new "Penguin Shop" bookstore on the first floor of the tower that houses the company's offices in Toronto
Most Popular Stories
- Man Booker winner The Luminaries adapted for TV
- Vice Head: Prepare For Media Bloodbath
- Donald Trump Used $55k Of Campaign Funds To Buy His Own Book
- WH Smith Leaves Tech Trailing
- 'Books In Nicks' Scheme Will Give Free Novels To London Prisoners
- How to Be Active on Social Media without Losing Your Mind
- Arthur C Clarke award goes to Adrian Tchaikovsky's novel of 'universal scale'
- Italian Government Is Giving €500 To Teens To Buy Books
- Boardman Tasker Award for Mountain Literature 2016 Shortlist
- Votes Sought For Most Disliked English Word