HMV warns it may breach bank agreements
Posted at 8:04AM Thursday 13 Dec 2012
HMV has warned of a "probable" breach of its current banking agreements next month, as continuing tough trading conditions mean the business faces "material uncertainties".
The troubled music, films and games retailer gave the warning as it reported another fall in sales.
Its sales for the six months to 27 October were £288.6m, down 13.5% from a year earlier.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Science(ish) To Atlantic
- 'Indecent' Books And Comic At Hong Kong Book Fair
- CWA Daggers – 2016 Shortlists Announced
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson