Scrooge-like advert for interns at publisher 'tongue in cheek'
Posted at 1:45PM Sunday 16 Dec 2012
Interns are familiar with operating at the more unpleasant end of the jobs market, but one advertisement posted yesterday had a particularly Dickensian feel.
Dalkey Archive Press is on the hunt for staff and interns at its London office. Candidates, it warned, must not "have any other commitments (personal or professional) that will interfere with their work at the press (family obligations, degrees to be finished, holidays to be taken, weddings to attend in Rio, etc)".
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Creative industries 'booming' in UK
The UK's creative industries are having a boom in employment and exports, says a report from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport
Busting The Copyright And Digital Single Market Myths
Copyright is delivering a digital single market. The ability of publishers to simultaneously license works across the EU - and in many cases the world - derives from the current copyright framework
Most Popular Stories
- EL James's Twitter Q&A goes awry
- Amazon To Offer One-hour Delivery In London
- Netflix Launches Pay-as-you-go Cards
- Scribd Cuts Romance Catalog
- Malta Is About To Become The Hot Setting For America's Latest Crime Bestsellers
- Apple Loses Appeal, E-book Decision Is Affirmed
- Claire Denis, Zadie Smith, Wild Bunch On Space Mission
- What The Hell Happens At A Publishing Hackathon?
- New Chair Of Edinburgh International Book Festival Board Announced
- Disney Folds Publishing Into New Interactive Media Division