HMV chain to appoint administrator
Posted at 11:23PM Monday 14 Jan 2013
Music and DVD chain HMV, which employs about 4,350 staff, has confirmed it will appoint an administrator, making it the latest High Street casualty.
Deloitte will run the 239-store chain while it assesses prospects for the business and seeks potential buyers.
Trading in HMV shares on the London Stock Exchange is being suspended, the company said in a statement.
Telegraph: Statement from Deloitte
Guardian: HMV on Oxford Street – a history in pictures
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- Recently Discovered Michael Crichton Novel Coming In 2017
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- 'Indecent' Books And Comic At Hong Kong Book Fair
- CWA Daggers – 2016 Shortlists Announced
- Science(ish) To Atlantic