HMV administrators announce 190 job losses
Posted at 8:09PM Thursday 31 Jan 2013
About 190 jobs have been shed across HMV's head office and distribution network, administrators for the retailer have announced.
Deloitte, appointed to run HMV on 15 January, say no redundancies have been made at the shops and all outlets continue to trade.
The administrators have been in talks with restructuring specialist Hilco about taking over the business.
Guardian: HMV workers take over official Twitter feed to vent fury over sacking
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
Hitler's memoirs, gruesome novels on serial killers and the Fifty Shades Of Grey trilogy were among the books borrowed by Scotland's prison inmates this year
Most Popular Stories
- Rare Books Vanish, With A Librarian In The Plot
- Apple e-book judge is 'a disgrace to the judiciary'
- Dan Brown-trumping French bestseller due in English next year
- Morrissey: 'gay' relationship edited from US edition of autobiography
- Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
- JillEllyn Riley And Peter Steinberg Partner To Form 'Arc & Type'
- Blue Peter Book Awards 2014 Shortlist Announced
- Saudi Kingdom Bans The Arabic Equivalent Of Twilight
- Mills & Boon Author Dies Aged 105
- Snowbooks Acquire U K Rights To Two More David Barnett Steampunk Novels