HMV administrators announce 190 job losses
Posted at 8:09PM Thursday 31 Jan 2013
About 190 jobs have been shed across HMV's head office and distribution network, administrators for the retailer have announced.
Deloitte, appointed to run HMV on 15 January, say no redundancies have been made at the shops and all outlets continue to trade.
The administrators have been in talks with restructuring specialist Hilco about taking over the business.
Guardian: HMV workers take over official Twitter feed to vent fury over sacking
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Recently Discovered Michael Crichton Novel Coming In 2017
- Blasty, Piracy & Phishing On The Wild, Wild, Web
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- 'Indecent' Books And Comic At Hong Kong Book Fair
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation