HMV administrators announce 190 job losses
Posted at 8:09PM Thursday 31 Jan 2013
About 190 jobs have been shed across HMV's head office and distribution network, administrators for the retailer have announced.
Deloitte, appointed to run HMV on 15 January, say no redundancies have been made at the shops and all outlets continue to trade.
The administrators have been in talks with restructuring specialist Hilco about taking over the business.
Guardian: HMV workers take over official Twitter feed to vent fury over sacking
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
E-book Readers' Guilty Pleasures Revealed
A recently published list of Amazon.co.uk's biggest selling e-books of the year features psychological thrillers, misery memoirs and a healthy dose of Mills and Boon
Most Popular Stories
- No Exit Press Short Story Writing Competition Shortlist Announced
- JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
- Author Anthony Horowitz Sorry For Idris Elba Remarks
- BBC's Lady Chatterley's Lover branded 'new Poldark'
- 8% Tax Will Be Applied To All Kindle Ebooks In Japan
- HBG Taking over Hachette UK Distribution
- Why The Most Famous Agent In Book Publishing Is About To Become A Famous Novelist Too
- And Then There Were None Voted Top Agatha Christie Novel
- Publishing Technology Launches New Online Platform, Ingentadrive
- Interesting Ways Writers Are Using Tech