HMV to close 66 stores
Posted at 3:37PM Thursday 07 Feb 2013
Almost 1,000 HMV staff are facing redundancy as administrators for the failed music store chain revealed they will close 66 shops across the country.
The loss-making stores, including all five Edinburgh sites, three in Glasgow and four in London, will close over the next two months and comes as administrators from Deloittes plan to sell the company's flagship Oxford Street store.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Announcing the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Winners
- Science(ish) To Atlantic
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Man Booker Prize Announces 2016 Longlist
- Blasty, Piracy & Phishing On The Wild, Wild, Web
- CWA Daggers – 2016 Shortlists Announced
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher