Kno Wants To Help Publishers Turn Static Files Into Interactive Content
Posted at 7:23AM Tuesday 12 Feb 2013
When Pluto lost its standing as a planet, some teachers had to wait years for print textbooks that accurately described its new status. But in a digital world, says Osman Rashid, CEO and co-founder of Kno, that kind of lag time should be obsolete.
"You should be able to update content in the digital world on the fly," he said. "In digital, the idea of a new textbook edition doesn't exist any more."
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
PRH Canada Opens Toronto Bookstore
Penguin Random House Canada has opened a new "Penguin Shop" bookstore on the first floor of the tower that houses the company's offices in Toronto
Most Popular Stories
- Man Booker winner The Luminaries adapted for TV
- Vice Head: Prepare For Media Bloodbath
- How to Be Active on Social Media without Losing Your Mind
- Marilynne Robinson wins literary peace prize for tales 'of reconciliation and love'
- Donald Trump Used $55k Of Campaign Funds To Buy His Own Book
- Boardman Tasker Award for Mountain Literature 2016 Shortlist
- Beijing Book Fair 2016: Positive Vibes And Surprising Growth
- Women in UK still far adrift on salary and promotion
- 'Do a Bradbury' and 'bogan' among 6,000 new entries in Australian National Dictionary
- Meet the 'Human Google' at the New York Public Library