Amazon May Have Just Killed Free Kindle Ebook Promotions
Posted at 1:03PM Monday 25 Feb 2013
When Amazon announced new restrictions yesterday on how their affiliate partners could promote ebooks, they said the new rules would only affect a fraction of a percent of affiliates.
Sadly, that is not true. The new rules are actually going to affect all Amazon affiliates, and complying with the new rules is going to require the affiliates to do the impossible.
Amazon wants affiliates to control what customers do after they click a link and go to Amazon.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- HarperCollins Launches Brazilian Subsidiary
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Barnes & Noble Completes Separation Of Retail And College Businesses
- Shamrock Advisors Buys Recorded Books