Obama Responds To Bookseller Criticism
Posted at 7:39AM Thursday 29 Aug 2013
There was no immediate White House response to the issues that booksellers raised about Amazon's predatory pricing, its decision to fight state sales tax, and other tactics that booksellers view as hurting all small businesses. But now in a wordy, form letter, with no mention of Amazon, President Obama replied to Steve Fischer, executive director of the New England Independent Booksellers Association, last weekend.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
Hitler's memoirs, gruesome novels on serial killers and the Fifty Shades Of Grey trilogy were among the books borrowed by Scotland's prison inmates this year
Most Popular Stories
- Rare Books Vanish, With A Librarian In The Plot
- Apple e-book judge is 'a disgrace to the judiciary'
- Dan Brown-trumping French bestseller due in English next year
- Morrissey: 'gay' relationship edited from US edition of autobiography
- Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
- JillEllyn Riley And Peter Steinberg Partner To Form 'Arc & Type'
- Blue Peter Book Awards 2014 Shortlist Announced
- Mills & Boon Author Dies Aged 105
- Saudi Kingdom Bans The Arabic Equivalent Of Twilight
- Snowbooks Acquire U K Rights To Two More David Barnett Steampunk Novels