Vinyl Sales At Highest Level For More Than A Decade
Posted at 7:00AM Friday 18 Oct 2013
Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend have helped vinyl records achieve their highest sales figures for more than a decade.
Figures from the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) show almost 550,000 LPs have been sold so far in 2013.
It is still a small amount compared to downloads and CD sales, accounting for 0.7% of all albums sold.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Librarians Name Jails' Most In-demand Books
Hitler's memoirs, gruesome novels on serial killers and the Fifty Shades Of Grey trilogy were among the books borrowed by Scotland's prison inmates this year
Most Popular Stories
- Apple e-book judge is 'a disgrace to the judiciary'
- Rare Books Vanish, With A Librarian In The Plot
- Morrissey: 'gay' relationship edited from US edition of autobiography
- Harry Potter's New Image Revealed
- Saudi Kingdom Bans The Arabic Equivalent Of Twilight
- Blue Peter Book Awards 2014 Shortlist Announced
- JillEllyn Riley And Peter Steinberg Partner To Form 'Arc & Type'
- Snowbooks Acquire U K Rights To Two More David Barnett Steampunk Novels
- Public Vote To Decide Costa Short Story Award
- Mangan Leaving Perseus for Hachette