Amazon Attacking Barnes & Noble On Campus?
Posted at 7:55PM Tuesday 28 Jan 2014
While Barnes & Noble may be struggling right now as a company, it's mostly the Nook digital media division that's dragging down earnings — both B&N's chain of retail stores and college bookstores are showing relatively healthy revenues and profits, despite the intense competition from Amazon and other booksellers.
Now, Amazon, perhaps not content to best Barnes & Noble on the ebook battlefield, is going after the retailer in one of its strongholds: the college campus.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Announcing the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Winners
- Man Booker Prize Announces 2016 Longlist