Press Release: Prizes and Awards
The London Book Fair International Publishing Industry Excellence Awards 2014
Posted at 7:28AM Wednesday 29 Jan 2014
The London Book Fair (LBF), in association with The UK Publishers Association (The PA), is delighted to announce that submissions and nominations are now open for the International Publishing Industry Excellence Awards 2014. Entries for the awards need to be registered online via the LBF website by 22 February 2014.
These brand new international awards for the book industry will consist of 15 categories. They represent the UK's recognition of international publishing industry excellence and have been designed to celebrate achievement across the whole business of publishing.
Nominations and submissions are sought for each category for international companies, organisations and individuals. In addition, UK companies, organisations and individuals may also be nominated / submit themselves for awards indicated by (*) below. Nominations and submissions may come from anyone, either based in the UK, or overseas. LBF and The PA have selected an authority of UK judges working at the heart of each category, whose international or discipline-specific expertise qualifies them to judge their peers' work. The award categories are:
- The London Book Fair Lifetime Achievement Award (*)
- British Council International Digital Publishing Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Publishers Association Copyright Protection Award
- The International Academic and Professional Publisher Award
- The International Education Initiatives Award
- The International Educational Learning Resources Award
- The Bookseller International Adult Trade Publisher Award
- The International Trade Children's and Young Adult Publisher Award
- The Publishing for Digital Minds Innovation Award (*)
- International Literary Translation Initiative Award
- The International Transformation Award for best use of IP
- The International Book Industry Technology Supplier Award
- The International Literary Agent Award (*)
- The Market Focus Achievement Award (*)
- Korea Market Focus Award for Outstanding Contribution (*)
The shortlist will be announced in March. The International Publishing Industry Excellence Awards winners will be presented at an invitation-only evening event on Tuesday 8 April 2014, 18.30 in The Conference Centre, Earls Court, London.
Entry forms need to be submitted via www.londonbookfair.co.uk/enter by 22 February 2014.
Organisations and individuals from the UK are eligible to enter the Awards marked (*).
Full details on the entry criteria for each award category are on the attached release and on the LBF website - www.londonbookfair.co.uk/awards.
London Book Fair