Hundreds of events across the UK will celebrate National Libraries Day
Posted at 12:50PM Monday 03 Feb 2014
Hundreds of events across the country will take place to celebrate National Libraries Day on Saturday 8 February.
Now in its third year, the national celebration of libraries and library staff will round off a week's worth of events and activities in public, school, college, university, and workplace libraries highlighting their work promoting learning, literacy and the enjoyment of reading to all.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Publishers Target E-book Pirates
The International Publishers Association is taking e-book piracy seriously and has started to target websites offering free downloads
Most Popular Stories
- Russell Banks drives around Alaska in a Hummer because 'These are the Last Days'
- Choc Lit Signs Linn B Halton Winner Of The 2013 Author Innovation Award For Romantic Fiction
- Robert Galbraith, Lee Child, Anthony Horowitz and More Fight It Out in this Year's Crimefest Awards
- Winners Announced For Best Us Lgbt Fiction, Debut Fiction, Nonfiction & Poetry Published In 2014
- Penguin Random House Debuts New Unified Website
- JK Rowling completes third Robert Galbraith novel
- CrimeFest Awards 2015: shortlists announced
- Girl, 8, strikes blow for equality over 'boys only' books
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Sequels Set For 2017 And 2018
- BAM Launches Self-publishing Site