Sony To Close E-bookstore, Move Customers To Kobo
Posted at 5:13PM Thursday 06 Feb 2014
Sony, one of the first companies to enter the e-book market but which has fallen far behind Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble, will close its e-bookstore, the Reader Store, in March and allow its American and Canadian customers to migrate their accounts to Kobo.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More