Readk.it Delivers Ebooks In Browser-based Platform
Posted at 12:11PM Thursday 20 Feb 2014
Readk.it, a new browser-based reading platform, offers to sidestep the complex and often costly process of preparing ebook content for a range of proprietary delivery systems.
Developed in New Zealand and launched in November of last year, the platform bills itself as a free, open-source solution to those production challenges by collapsing the publishing and reading systems into one. Readk.it allows users to harness a browser's display capabilities to customize how the content will render there, regardless of the device being used.
Digital Book World
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- What Kids Should Read
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Barnes & Noble Completes Separation Of Retail And College Businesses
- HarperCollins Launches Brazilian Subsidiary
- Shamrock Advisors Buys Recorded Books