Reed Elsevier Annual Profit Rises
Posted at 7:32AM Friday 28 Feb 2014
Reed Elsevier reported that full year net profit rose to 1.110 billion pounds from 1.044 billion pounds.
Reported earnings per share were 48.8 pence compared to 44.8 pence last year.
Adjusted net profit was 1.197 billion pounds while it totaled 1.121 billion pounds last year.
Adjusted pre-tax profit advanced to 1.572 billion pounds from 1.472 billion pounds
Revenues fell to 6.035 billion pounds from 6.116 billion pounds in the prior year. Underlying revenue growth was 2 percent.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- Recently Discovered Michael Crichton Novel Coming In 2017
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest