Third Quarter Income Drops 8% At Wiley
Posted at 3:22PM Tuesday 11 Mar 2014
For the third quarter ended January 31, 2014, net income at John Wiley & Sons fell 8%, to $52.5 million, on a 3% decline in revenue, to $458 million. Both figures include a number of one-time factors including fluctuations in foreign currency, restructuring and impairment charges, and the sale of most of its consumer publishing assets in the last fiscal year. Taking into account those different factors, Wiley said adjusted net income was nearly flat at $55.4 million and sales rose 1%, to $472.4 million.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Amazon's Fan-fiction Portal Kindle Worlds Is A Bust For Fans, And For Writers Too
- How 'Google Science' could transform academic publishing
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Death Of David St John Thomas
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More