Lagardère Publishing Results - UK Down Slightly
Posted at 8:15AM Thursday 13 Mar 2014
Strong recurring EBIT (€223 million) and good performance turned in by Lagardère Publishing, with a slight increase in profitability (10.8%, up 0.1 pt), thanks to good results in General Literature and Partworks. However in the United Kingdom, recurring EBIT before associates was down slightly: the commercial successes recognised at the end of the year were offset by continuing difficulties internationally and the unfavourable comparison effect with 2012, that was marked by the release of numerous best sellers.
DBW: Digital Now 30% of Revenue at Hachette
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More