Aerbook Turns Social Media Into A Virtual Bookstore
Posted at 11:20AM Saturday 15 Mar 2014
What's the best way to sell a book in the era of social media? Ron Martinez believes it may just be Aerbook, a venture he founded that creates branding and retail opportunities in social media for publishers and authors. The service, Martinez explained, allows publishers to connect with its readers via the social streams—i.e., the timeline, news feed, and boards—on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and similar applications, offering product information, sample chapters, social sharing, and, now, buy buttons.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More