Stella Prize Announces Two Debut Novelists
Posted at 8:02AM Thursday 20 Mar 2014
The shortlist for Australia's all-female literary award, the Stella prize, celebrating six female authors for their contribution to literature, including two debut novelists and an increased prize pool.
The shortlisted authors include Hannah Kent for Burial Rites, and Fiona McFarlane for the Night Guest, first novels for both. Kent and McFarlane appear on the list beside Anna Krien (Night Games), Kristina Olsson (Boy, Lost: A Family Memoir), Alexis Wright (The Swan Book) and Clare Wright (The Forgotten Rebels of Eureka).
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Amazon's Fan-fiction Portal Kindle Worlds Is A Bust For Fans, And For Writers Too
- How 'Google Science' could transform academic publishing
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Death Of David St John Thomas
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More