Harry Potter Artwork On Sale At $20,000
Posted at 4:32PM Monday 24 Mar 2014
Harry Potter fans will have the opportunity to bid for a piece of publishing history this week as the original illustrations for two of JK Rowling's books will go on sale at auction.
British illustrator Cliff Wright created the ink and watercolour illustrations, which were used for the covers of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets (1998) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999), the second and third books in the globally bestselling series.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- Recently Discovered Michael Crichton Novel Coming In 2017
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest