Harry Potter Artwork On Sale At $20,000
Posted at 4:32PM Monday 24 Mar 2014
Harry Potter fans will have the opportunity to bid for a piece of publishing history this week as the original illustrations for two of JK Rowling's books will go on sale at auction.
British illustrator Cliff Wright created the ink and watercolour illustrations, which were used for the covers of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets (1998) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999), the second and third books in the globally bestselling series.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Wattpad Delivers Erotic Romance Via New App
Wattpad, the online reading and writing community, has released After Dark, an app that offers its users a curated selection of romance and erotica.
B&N Will Separate College from Trade, Nook Units
By keeping the trade stores together with the Nook business, B&N creates a company with a strong physical store presence as well as a large, if unprofitable, digital operation
Most Popular Stories
- Isis Burns Thousands Of Books And Rare Manuscripts From Mosul's Libraries
- JRR Tolkien Falls Off Children's Most Popular Books List
- Hitler's Mein Kampf To Be Reprinted In Germany For First Time Since World War II
- Has Jamie Dornan Walked Away From Fifty Shades Of Grey?
- Nick Esson Passes Away
- London's Calling For Foreign Publishers Who Want New Harper Lee
- Booktrack Adds Movie-style Soundtrack To E-books
- Finalists Announced For 2014 Bram Stoker Awards
- Author Ken Cook Loses Copyright Claim Against Amazon
- Amazon Tries To Patent 3d Printers On Trucks