Harry Potter Spin-off 'Will Be A Film Trilogy'
Posted at 8:08AM Monday 31 Mar 2014
JK Rowling's Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is to be made into a film trilogy.
The book, published in 2001, was originally billed as one of Harry Potter's Hogwarts textbooks.
Warner Bros chief Kevin Tsujihara persuaded author Rowling to adapt the book for the big screen.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Creative industries 'booming' in UK
The UK's creative industries are having a boom in employment and exports, says a report from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport
Busting The Copyright And Digital Single Market Myths
Copyright is delivering a digital single market. The ability of publishers to simultaneously license works across the EU - and in many cases the world - derives from the current copyright framework
Most Popular Stories
- EL James's Twitter Q&A goes awry
- Amazon To Offer One-hour Delivery In London
- Netflix Launches Pay-as-you-go Cards
- Scribd Cuts Romance Catalog
- Malta Is About To Become The Hot Setting For America's Latest Crime Bestsellers
- Apple Loses Appeal, E-book Decision Is Affirmed
- Claire Denis, Zadie Smith, Wild Bunch On Space Mission
- What The Hell Happens At A Publishing Hackathon?
- New Chair Of Edinburgh International Book Festival Board Announced
- Disney Folds Publishing Into New Interactive Media Division