Peter Matthiessen, author of The Snow Leopard, dies
Posted at 7:26AM Monday 07 Apr 2014
American novelist Peter Matthiessen, whose notable works include At Play in the Fields of the Lord, has died at the age of 86 following leukaemia.
The New York-born writer was also a committed environmentalist and adventurer, who wrote about his travels in the wilderness.
Among his other books were The Snow Leopard and Shadow Country.
His latest novel, In Paradise, is due to be published on Tuesday.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Wattpad Delivers Erotic Romance Via New App
Wattpad, the online reading and writing community, has released After Dark, an app that offers its users a curated selection of romance and erotica.
B&N Will Separate College from Trade, Nook Units
By keeping the trade stores together with the Nook business, B&N creates a company with a strong physical store presence as well as a large, if unprofitable, digital operation
Most Popular Stories
- Isis Burns Thousands Of Books And Rare Manuscripts From Mosul's Libraries
- Has Jamie Dornan Walked Away From Fifty Shades Of Grey?
- Nick Esson Passes Away
- Hitler's Mein Kampf To Be Reprinted In Germany For First Time Since World War II
- JRR Tolkien Falls Off Children's Most Popular Books List
- London's Calling For Foreign Publishers Who Want New Harper Lee
- Booktrack Adds Movie-style Soundtrack To E-books
- Finalists Announced For 2014 Bram Stoker Awards
- Author Ken Cook Loses Copyright Claim Against Amazon
- Amazon Tries To Patent 3d Printers On Trucks