Beijing's First 24-hr Bookstore Turns First Page
Posted at 1:41PM Wednesday 09 Apr 2014
Beijing-based bookworms can now become night owls with the opening of the city's first 24-hour book store.
Sanlian Taofen Bookstore (STB) in Dongcheng District on Tuesday expanded its opening hours. STB, opened by SDX Joint Publishing Company (SJPC) in 1996, displays 80,000 titles across 1,500 square meters, and is one of Beijing's cultural landmarks.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More
- Samsung And Barnes & Noble Introduce New Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 Nook®
- J-Lo Releases Tell-all Love Book
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Julian Gough Launches 'Litcoin' Kickstarter To 'Remodel The Economics Of Reading'