Enrique Vila-Matas Wins Premio Formentor De Las Letras
Posted at 7:55AM Wednesday 07 May 2014
Enrique Vila-Matas has won the revived Premio Formentor de las Letras.
The prize, worth 50,000 euros will be awarded on August 30 at the Hotel Formentor in the north of the Spanish island of Mallorca in the Mediterranean.
The jury, chaired by Basil Baltasar and formed by Cristina Fernández Cubas, Eduardo Lago, Aurelio Major and Ignacio Vidal-Folch, unanimously recognized the merits of the writer's work to grant the award.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
PRH Canada Opens Toronto Bookstore
Penguin Random House Canada has opened a new "Penguin Shop" bookstore on the first floor of the tower that houses the company's offices in Toronto
Most Popular Stories
- How to Be Active on Social Media without Losing Your Mind
- Donald Trump Used $55k Of Campaign Funds To Buy His Own Book
- Women in UK still far adrift on salary and promotion
- Meet the 'Human Google' at the New York Public Library
- 'Do a Bradbury' and 'bogan' among 6,000 new entries in Australian National Dictionary
- Man Booker winner The Luminaries adapted for TV
- WH Smith Leaves Tech Trailing
- Vice Head: Prepare For Media Bloodbath
- New branch of Waterstones opening on Teesside this week
- School Librarian of the Year Award 2016