Daily Mail Pays Damages To JK Rowling
Posted at 8:06AM Thursday 08 May 2014
The Daily Mail has printed an apology to author JK Rowling and paid "substantial damages" over an article about her time as a single mother.
Rowling sued the newspaper for libel in January over the piece which suggested she had told a false "sob story" about being stigmatised by churchgoers.
The Daily Mail said it accepted the author had not made any false claims and apologised for the suggestion.
It added Rowling was donating the unspecified damages to charity.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Publishers Target E-book Pirates
The International Publishers Association is taking e-book piracy seriously and has started to target websites offering free downloads
Most Popular Stories
- Russell Banks drives around Alaska in a Hummer because 'These are the Last Days'
- Choc Lit Signs Linn B Halton Winner Of The 2013 Author Innovation Award For Romantic Fiction
- Robert Galbraith, Lee Child, Anthony Horowitz and More Fight It Out in this Year's Crimefest Awards
- Winners Announced For Best Us Lgbt Fiction, Debut Fiction, Nonfiction & Poetry Published In 2014
- Penguin Random House Debuts New Unified Website
- JK Rowling completes third Robert Galbraith novel
- Girl, 8, strikes blow for equality over 'boys only' books
- CrimeFest Awards 2015: shortlists announced
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Sequels Set For 2017 And 2018
- Publishers Target E-book Pirates