UK: Second Best Education In Europe
Posted at 8:26AM Thursday 08 May 2014
The UK is in second place among European countries and sixth overall in a global education league table.
South Korea is top, with three other Asian countries and Finland making up the top five, in rankings from education and publishing firm, Pearson.
The rankings include higher education as well as international school tests - which boosted the UK's position.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
2016 Wainwright Prize Shortlist Revealed
Now in its third year, the prize awards £5,000 annually to the work that best reflects renowned nature writer Alfred Wainwright's core values of celebrating the great British outdoors
Most Popular Stories
- Penguin Random House To Leave Strand And Ealing Offices By 2020
- Longlist For Scottish Crime Book Of The Year Award - The McIlvanney Prize 2016
- This Gay Erotica Is Helping J.K. Rowling Laugh About Brexit's 'Terrible Mess'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Is Writing A Book Called Hit Refresh
- Penguin Random House UK Staff To Design The Workplace Of The Future
- Top German Literature Prize Goes To Marcel Beyer
- Roald Dahl Classic BFG Is Translated Into Scots For Festival
- Deon Meyer To Be Author Of The 2017 Crime & Thriller Book Weeks Gift Book
- Gove Biography Cancelled
- PRH to Pub Follow-Up to 'Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep'