UK: Second Best Education In Europe
Posted at 8:26AM Thursday 08 May 2014
The UK is in second place among European countries and sixth overall in a global education league table.
South Korea is top, with three other Asian countries and Finland making up the top five, in rankings from education and publishing firm, Pearson.
The rankings include higher education as well as international school tests - which boosted the UK's position.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Publishers Target E-book Pirates
The International Publishers Association is taking e-book piracy seriously and has started to target websites offering free downloads
Most Popular Stories
- Russell Banks drives around Alaska in a Hummer because 'These are the Last Days'
- Choc Lit Signs Linn B Halton Winner Of The 2013 Author Innovation Award For Romantic Fiction
- Robert Galbraith, Lee Child, Anthony Horowitz and More Fight It Out in this Year's Crimefest Awards
- Winners Announced For Best Us Lgbt Fiction, Debut Fiction, Nonfiction & Poetry Published In 2014
- Penguin Random House Debuts New Unified Website
- JK Rowling completes third Robert Galbraith novel
- CrimeFest Awards 2015: shortlists announced
- Girl, 8, strikes blow for equality over 'boys only' books
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Sequels Set For 2017 And 2018
- BAM Launches Self-publishing Site