book2book

  booktrade.info

Search Booktrade.info:  


Thursday 11th February

Book2book Home Book Trade News Trade Announcements Bestseller Lists About Booktrade.info

Barnes & Noble Should Rally Around, Not Retreat From, Retail Stores

Posted at 7:46AM Tuesday 13 May 2014

Despite the pressures on retail stores from showrooming and increasing labor costs, brick-and-mortar remains the engine of our economy. Online purchases have soared to 18% of retail sales and continue to grow, but there's still a lot of money in the remaining 82%.

Forbes




Get book trade news by email

Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now

Find out more


Search the news archive:
 






More Book Trade News

CMI Management Book of the Year announced
www.managers.org.uk

CMI awards 'Frugal Innovation' as Book of the Year

Bookshop Worker Restores Parisian Writer's Faith After Terror Attacks
www.guardian-series.co.uk

A writer from Paris says a bookshop worker 'helped restore her faith in mankind' after delivering a package to her friend in hospital

Phone Box Library At Elsworth Is Reprieved
www.cambridge-news.co.uk

Council planners said it did not need planning permission after all

Aaron Sorkin To Adapt Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird For Broadway
www.adweek.com

Bartlett Sher, a Tony Award-winning director, has signed on to take the helm of this show

HBG Rebounds In Fourth Quarter
www.publishersweekly.com

15.2% sales gain compared to the final period of 2014

Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2016 Shortlist
www.telegraph.co.uk

"The world of children's books is every bit as exciting and varied as any other area of publishing."

Account Sign-In

Most Popular Stories

  1. Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2016 Shortlist
  2. Local Phonebox Library Forced To Shut After Bureaucrats Insist On Planning Permission
  3. Thousand Year Old Tradition Of Printing Britain's Laws On Vellum Has Been Scrapped To Save Just £80,000
  4. Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2016 Shortlists Announced
  5. The Romantic Novelists' Association Announces Prize Shortlists
  6. Harry Potter Brand Strategy Delivers Magical Sales For Bloomsbury
  7. Rovio Spins Off Book Publishing Arm
  8. BSFA Awards 2015 Shortlist announced
  9. JK Rowling's 'Eighth Harry Potter story' will be published this summer
  10. Amazon Japan Hires Team Of Pros To Call You Back And Recommend Wine