Amazon vs Hachette: Publishing Battle Escalates
Posted at 7:49AM Saturday 24 May 2014
Jeffery Deaver: "Because of a dispute with Hachette Book Group, which publishes The Skin Collector, Amazon has chosen to attempt to intimidate publisher, authors and readers alike by significantly reducing purchase price discounts of my books and those written by other Hachette authors,"
But look on the bright side, books (when they are available) are being sold at or near 'full' price . . .
Literary Saloon: I do hope publishers get a bit more aggressive in their negotiating tactics. Or learn some tactics . . .
'Don't believe the spin' in Amazon vs. Hachette affair (David Gaughran)
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- German Minister For Culture And Media: Amazon 'Should Not Endanger Diversity'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan To Battle Idris Elba's Rival Cat In Andy Serkis's Jungle Book
- Amazon's Awful War Of Words
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More