Forward Prizes for Poetry 2014 shortlists
Posted at 10:57AM Monday 02 Jun 2014
The Forward Prizes for Poetry are the most prestigious awards for poetry in Britain and Ireland. They were set up in 1991 to celebrate excellence in new writing, and are awarded to published poets for work in print in the last year.
The three prizes – £10,000 for Best Collection, £5,000 for Best First Collection and £1,000 for Best Single Poem – are unique in honouring both the work of established poets and the debuts of brilliant unknowns.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
PRH Canada Opens Toronto Bookstore
Penguin Random House Canada has opened a new "Penguin Shop" bookstore on the first floor of the tower that houses the company's offices in Toronto
Most Popular Stories
- Man Booker winner The Luminaries adapted for TV
- Vice Head: Prepare For Media Bloodbath
- How to Be Active on Social Media without Losing Your Mind
- Marilynne Robinson wins literary peace prize for tales 'of reconciliation and love'
- Donald Trump Used $55k Of Campaign Funds To Buy His Own Book
- Boardman Tasker Award for Mountain Literature 2016 Shortlist
- Beijing Book Fair 2016: Positive Vibes And Surprising Growth
- Women in UK still far adrift on salary and promotion
- 'Do a Bradbury' and 'bogan' among 6,000 new entries in Australian National Dictionary
- Meet the 'Human Google' at the New York Public Library