Forward Prizes for Poetry 2014 shortlists
Posted at 10:57AM Monday 02 Jun 2014
The Forward Prizes for Poetry are the most prestigious awards for poetry in Britain and Ireland. They were set up in 1991 to celebrate excellence in new writing, and are awarded to published poets for work in print in the last year.
The three prizes – £10,000 for Best Collection, £5,000 for Best First Collection and £1,000 for Best Single Poem – are unique in honouring both the work of established poets and the debuts of brilliant unknowns.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
E-book Readers' Guilty Pleasures Revealed
A recently published list of Amazon.co.uk's biggest selling e-books of the year features psychological thrillers, misery memoirs and a healthy dose of Mills and Boon
Most Popular Stories
- No Exit Press Short Story Writing Competition Shortlist Announced
- JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
- Author Anthony Horowitz Sorry For Idris Elba Remarks
- BBC's Lady Chatterley's Lover branded 'new Poldark'
- 8% Tax Will Be Applied To All Kindle Ebooks In Japan
- HBG Taking over Hachette UK Distribution
- Why The Most Famous Agent In Book Publishing Is About To Become A Famous Novelist Too
- And Then There Were None Voted Top Agatha Christie Novel
- Publishing Technology Launches New Online Platform, Ingentadrive
- Interesting Ways Writers Are Using Tech