French Women Use Colouring Books To Help Relieve Stress And Anxiety
Posted at 7:33AM Wednesday 04 Jun 2014
Usually associated with play-schools and toy boxes, colouring books have a found a new fan-base in France, where women have taken up colouring to help ease their stress and anxiety.
The trend is thanks to a clever marketing ploy used by publishers, which means more of the books are bought in France – mainly by women - than in any other nation in the world.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Creative industries 'booming' in UK
The UK's creative industries are having a boom in employment and exports, says a report from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport
Busting The Copyright And Digital Single Market Myths
Copyright is delivering a digital single market. The ability of publishers to simultaneously license works across the EU - and in many cases the world - derives from the current copyright framework
Most Popular Stories
- EL James's Twitter Q&A goes awry
- Amazon To Offer One-hour Delivery In London
- Malta Is About To Become The Hot Setting For America's Latest Crime Bestsellers
- Scribd Cuts Romance Catalog
- Netflix Launches Pay-as-you-go Cards
- Apple Loses Appeal, E-book Decision Is Affirmed
- Claire Denis, Zadie Smith, Wild Bunch On Space Mission
- What The Hell Happens At A Publishing Hackathon?
- New Chair Of Edinburgh International Book Festival Board Announced
- Disney Folds Publishing Into New Interactive Media Division