Colbert Assails Amazon Over Delayed Book Shipments
Posted at 7:28AM Friday 06 Jun 2014
On one side of a major publishing feud is Amazon.com, the industry's biggest book seller.
On the other side is a leading New York publisher few readers have heard of, Hachette Book Group, and some Hachette authors virtually all readers have heard of: J.K. Rowling, James Patterson, Malcolm Gladwell and, most recently, Stephen Colbert.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- Japanese Readers Spend The Most Money On E-books
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Publishing Decline At CBS Should Not Alarm Investors
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Booktopia To Take On Amazon After Buying Rival Bookworld
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld