Simon & Schuster Offers New Author Tools
Posted at 7:41AM Friday 06 Jun 2014
As major publishing houses adapt to the current climate of digital, self, and hybrid publishing, many of the smarter ones are looking for new ways to remain relevant with their authors, especially their established ones. Think of it this way: in this current publishing state, a well-known and bestselling author with a built in and highly engaged fan base can quite easily look around and think to herself, "Why do I need you?"
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Is Apple Needling Amazon
Go to the iBooks store on your Apple device and notice a curious thing: George Orwell's picture dominates the front page.
Most Popular Stories
- Richard Dawkins Apologises For Causing Storm With Down's Syndrome Tweet
- Book Publishers Scrambling For Cover In Wake Of 'Adult' Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Cover Controversy
- Is Apple Needling Amazon
- You've Heard Of The Netflix Of Books. Here's The Redbox Of Books
- HarperCollins Humble Ebook Bundle With Gaiman, Bujold, Coelho, Williams, And More
- Samsung And Barnes & Noble Introduce New Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 Nook®
- J-Lo Releases Tell-all Love Book
- Readers Absorb Less On Kindles Than On Paper, Study Finds
- La Mamounia Literary Award Finalists
- Julian Gough Launches 'Litcoin' Kickstarter To 'Remodel The Economics Of Reading'