Amid Dispute With Publisher, Amazon Halts Pre-orders From Warner Studio
Posted at 7:20AM Wednesday 11 Jun 2014
Amazon.com is again wielding its namesake website as a weapon against a vendor as it negotiates a contract.
This time the retail Internet giant is halting preorders of some Warner Bros. movie discs, like "The Lego Movie" and "Transcendence," similar to a tactic it is using against publisher Hachette.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Announcing the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Winners
- Man Booker Prize Announces 2016 Longlist