WH Smith 14-week Total Group Sales Flat
Posted at 8:08AM Wednesday 11 Jun 2014
WH Smith plc said its 14-week total Group sales were flat, while like-for-like sales dropped by 2% year-over-year.
During the period, WHSmith Travel total sales rose by 4%, with unchanged like-for-like sales, reflecting the continuing improvement in sales trends. The firm's new store opening programme, both in the UK and internationally, is progressing well, with gross margin improvement.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- Japanese Readers Spend The Most Money On E-books
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Publishing Decline At CBS Should Not Alarm Investors
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Booktopia To Take On Amazon After Buying Rival Bookworld
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld