Librairie Payot Switzerland In Management Buy-out
Posted at 4:22PM Friday 20 Jun 2014
The Payot bookshop chain in the French speaking part of Switzerland (12 shops in 10 cities, 270 members of staff, turnover approx. 70 Mill. Euros.) has been sold.
The owner, the French company Lagardere Services (part of the Lagardere Group) wants to concentrate on their core business which among other things is publishing. The Hachette Group is part of Lagardere.
Payot buys all its English language books via OLF. They work very closely with OLF and are one of their key customers.
Only occasionally we get some special customer orders as direct orders.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Carol Brown Janeway, Award-winning Editor, Dead At 71
Carol Brown Janeway, a prize-winning editor, executive and translator for Alfred A. Knopf whose authors ranged from biologist E.O. Wilson to Nobel Prize-winning fiction writer Imre Kertesz, has died
Most Popular Stories
- Reading For Pleasure Builds Empathy And Improves Well Being, Research From The Reading Agency Finds
- Game Of Thrones Season 6: 'A Song Of Ice And Fire Should Be Finished By 1998,'
- Swedish Author Says He Was Destined To Write 'Millennium' Sequel
- Three YA Publishers Team Up To Celebrate New Trend In YA Fiction With Book Tour
- Francesca Best Moves To Transworld
- How Analytics Will Change Publishing
- HarperCollins Launches Brazilian Subsidiary
- Petting Zoo At The DH Lawrence Centre Angers Author's Admirers
- Barnes & Noble Completes Separation Of Retail And College Businesses
- Shamrock Advisors Buys Recorded Books