James Patterson Donates £250,000 To Independent Bookshops
Posted at 12:04PM Wednesday 25 Jun 2014
Best-selling author James Patterson is giving £250,000 to independent bookshops in the UK and Ireland to help boost literacy for young readers.
Independent bookshops with a dedicated children's book section can apply for a grant of between £250 and £5,000.
Teleread: James Patterson buys good karma, wants you to know it
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Most Popular Stories
- Amazon Bans Sales Of Apple TV And Chromecast On Its Site
- Icon Books Acquire Ground-Breaking New Book On Masculinity From 23-year Old Journalist
- Goldsmiths Prize 2015 Shortlist
- For Amy Schumer, Multimillion-dollar Book Deal Is All In The Timing
- New Acquisition For Granta Books
- Scholastic Extends And Expands Publishing Agreement With Lego® Through 2019
- The Folio Prize 'Suspended' For 2016
- Kobo Launches 'Super Points' Loyalty Program
- The London Book Fair And Bologna Children's Book Fair Publish Dates For 2017
- Was There No One To Stop Morrissey Publishing List Of The Lost?