World Book Night U.S. Suspending Operations
Posted at 1:23PM Wednesday 02 Jul 2014
Citing a lack of funding from outside the book industry, World Book Night U.S. is suspending operations.
Executive director Carl Lennertz said, "This has been a remarkable, passionate undertaking, and it has been a success by all measures, except for one: outside funding.
Lennertz said that WBN U.S. had hoped to raise money through grant requests, "but there are a lot of other worthy causes out there and only so much money available."
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Science(ish) To Atlantic
- 'Indecent' Books And Comic At Hong Kong Book Fair
- CWA Daggers – 2016 Shortlists Announced
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson