World Book Night U.S. Suspending Operations
Posted at 12:23PM Wednesday 02 Jul 2014
Citing a lack of funding from outside the book industry, World Book Night U.S. is suspending operations.
Executive director Carl Lennertz said, "This has been a remarkable, passionate undertaking, and it has been a success by all measures, except for one: outside funding.
Lennertz said that WBN U.S. had hoped to raise money through grant requests, "but there are a lot of other worthy causes out there and only so much money available."
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Wattpad Delivers Erotic Romance Via New App
Wattpad, the online reading and writing community, has released After Dark, an app that offers its users a curated selection of romance and erotica.
B&N Will Separate College from Trade, Nook Units
By keeping the trade stores together with the Nook business, B&N creates a company with a strong physical store presence as well as a large, if unprofitable, digital operation
Most Popular Stories
- Nick Esson Passes Away
- Isis Burns Thousands Of Books And Rare Manuscripts From Mosul's Libraries
- London's Calling For Foreign Publishers Who Want New Harper Lee
- All Fiction Follows One Of Six Basic Storylines, According To New Research
- JRR Tolkien Falls Off Children's Most Popular Books List
- Hitler's Mein Kampf To Be Reprinted In Germany For First Time Since World War II
- Finalists Announced For 2014 Bram Stoker Awards
- Booktrack Adds Movie-style Soundtrack To E-books
- Crime Story: From Forensics To Fiction
- Wattpad Delivers Erotic Romance Via New App