The Biggest Challenge Facing Publishing Is Workflow
Posted at 2:23PM Monday 07 Jul 2014
Emma Barnes argues that the biggest challenge facing publishing is getting the workflow right.
The biggest challenge facing publishing is probably not what you think it is. It's not DRM. It's not skills. It's not ebooks or searchability, neither is it the reshaping of channels to market, nor metadata management. Least of all, is it the threat of self-publishing.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Feature Items
What Publishers Can Learn From Louis C.K.
Comedian Louis C.K. has a lot to teach publishers about digital marketing: specifically, his implementation of selective, low-cost D-to-C digital releases
Most Popular Stories
- Russell Banks drives around Alaska in a Hummer because 'These are the Last Days'
- Choc Lit Signs Linn B Halton Winner Of The 2013 Author Innovation Award For Romantic Fiction
- Robert Galbraith, Lee Child, Anthony Horowitz and More Fight It Out in this Year's Crimefest Awards
- Winners Announced For Best Us Lgbt Fiction, Debut Fiction, Nonfiction & Poetry Published In 2014
- Penguin Random House Debuts New Unified Website
- JK Rowling completes third Robert Galbraith novel
- Girl, 8, strikes blow for equality over 'boys only' books
- CrimeFest Awards 2015: shortlists announced
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Sequels Set For 2017 And 2018
- Publishers Target E-book Pirates